While all angreal offer this benefit, they do vary considerably in strength. The amount of additional Power to which they provide access is dependent on both the angreal's strength and the channeler's own strength in the Power. The stronger a channeler, the more Power an angreal provides.
Sa'angreal are like angreal, but much more powerful. All known angreal and sa'angreal can amplify either saidin or saidar; none are known to exist that can be used by a man or a woman. One sa'angreal is known to amplify the True Power as well.
Most angreal are constructed with a buffer to protect the user from drawing too much of the Power.
All existing angreal are left over from the Age of Legends. The knowledge of their construction was lost during the Breaking of the World, along with the knowledge of creating ter'angreal, although the making of ter'angreal has been rediscovered. Angreal are rare; sa'angreal are extremely rare.
Creating an angreal Edit
Just prior to the Last Battle it is revealed that a ter'angreal called a Seed is used to create angreal. The crafter uses the ter'angreal to pour their Power into an empty vessel. The process is said to greatly weaken the channeler that created the angreal for several months.
List of angreal Edit
- Aviendha's amber turtle brooch angreal, found with others in Ebou Dar.
- Verin Mathwin's too-many-petaled lily brooch, rather weak in strength.
- Graendal's Gold Ring. Destroyed in Rand's balefire assault on Graendal's fortress.
- Cadsuane Melaidhrin's Shrike hair ornament.
- Ivory seated woman covered by her own hair. Weaker than other angreal.
- Nynaeve al'Meara's gold bracelet attached to four gold finger rings with chains. Of considerable strength.
- A stone figurine of a woman, naked except for her hair, last seen in the Tel'aran'rhiod reflection of the Panarch's palace museum in Tanchico.
- A small dark ivory bracelet in the shape of an acrobat bent backwards so his wrists are tied to his ankles; currently in Moiraine's possession. It is nearly strong enough to be a sa'angreal.
- Graendal's small, carved ivory knife. Obtained in a trade with Mesaana for information.
- An undetailed angreal confiscated from Adelorna's quarters.
- An undetailed angreal confiscated from Josaine's quarters.
- A shiny green stone carving of a fat bald man with a sword; found by Rand al'Thor in the Stone of Tear, thought lost during Rand's captivity by the Aes Sedai. Recovered at Dumai's Wells by Rand and given to Logain during the Last Battle.
- ↑ The Path of Daggers, Chapter 3
- ↑ The Path of Daggers, Prologue
- ↑ Winter's Heart, Chapter 35
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Path of Daggers, Chapter 4
- ↑ The Shadow Rising, Chapter 11
- ↑ The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 52
- ↑ Towers of Midnight, Epilogue
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Crown of Swords, Chapter 32
- ↑ The Shadow Rising, Chapter 22