She looks like a girl of 20 . Like most Saldaeans, her brown eyes are slightly tilted and her nose has just a hint of a hook to it. Her cheekbones are high, but not very. Her hair hangs to her shoulders in ringlets. She stands a hand or more taller than Verin .
Strength and AbilitiesEdit
Beldeine was a quite strong sister by Aes Sedai standards. We can read about it in the nine book when she is confronted to other Aes Sedai in Rand's entourage .
This is confirmed in "The Wheel of Time Companion" where her level of strength is described as 16(4).
She displayed good management and administrative abilities early own, causing the Green Ajah to mark her as someone who might do well in their hierarchy. She was not very pleased with that, as she wanted to be out and about having adventures.
She was from Saldaea. She was born in 966 NE and went to the Tower in 982 NE. After spending seven years as a novice and eight as Accepted, she was raised in 997 NE. She is too young to have the ageless Aes Sedai face . She sided with Elaida during the White Tower split.
Egwene's testing Edit
She appeared first time as Egwene al'Vere's Keeper of the Chronicles when Egwene went through the ter'angreal to become Accepted. In her third trip through the three arches, Egwene sees herself as Amyrlin and Beldeine as her Keeper even though she does not know Beldeine .
Swearing fealty to the Dragon Edit
She was taken prisoner at the Battle of Dumai's Wells. Verin has Beldeine brought to her for questioning. She uses a mild Compulsion on Beldeine and gives her instructions to follow . Sorilea brings Elza Penfell, Nesune Bihara, Sarene Nemdahl, Erian Boroleos and Beldeine to Rand after they beg to be allowed to swear fealty to him. Rand accepts .
She accompanied Rand and Cadsuane to Algarin Pendaloan's house in Tear, where Rand recovered after cleansing saidin. She was starting to talk about bonding an Asha'man as a Warder. Merise counsels her to talk with Daigian about the consequences .
Bonding an Asha'man Edit
While in Tear, she was sitting in Cadsuane's chamber when Min proposed her idea that Rand would need to wield Callandor at Tarmon Gai'don. Beldeine disdained Min's attempts at scholarship, but Cadsuane agreed with Min. Cadsuane told Beldeine to give Min credit where credit was due, but Beldeine just left the room with Karldin .
- One of Min's viewings showed an aura of blue, yellow, and green around Beldeine. It meant she would serve Rand in her own fashion. (fulfilled - Beldeine served Rand and the Light to her last breath)
- She would bond an Asha'man as a Warder. (fulfilled)
- A black knife hovered over her head. (fulfilled - possibly indicated her death at the hands of Sharans)
- ↑ Knife of Dreams, Chapter 20
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Winter's Heart, Chapter 23
- ↑ The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 22
- ↑ Lord of Chaos, Chapter 25
- ↑ Lord of Chaos, Chapter 55
- ↑ The Path of Daggers, Prologue
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 The Path of Daggers, Chapter 29
- ↑ Winter's Heart, Chapter 13
- ↑ Winter's Heart, Chapter 35
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Knife of Dreams, Chapter 27
- ↑ The Gathering Storm, Chapter 23
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 The Gathering Storm, Chapter 48
- ↑ A Memory of Light, Chapter 37