Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
—The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 2
He is described as tall and broad-shouldered, with flame-colored hair.
He was one of the Seia Doon or "Black Eyes."
When both Rand and Mat Cauthon returned from Rhuidean without Muradin, Couladin attacked them saying they killed him but when he spied the Dragon markings on Rand's arms he left with the Shaido very angry and very quickly.
Now the de facto clan chief of the Shaido, Couladin was turned away at Cold Rocks Hold by Lian, wife of Rhuarc and sister-wife to Amys and roofmistress of the Hold. He left in anger and later that night took the Shaido north to Alcair Dal. When he arrived there he showed his 'markings,' which Asmodean gave him, to the other clan chiefs and lied about what is seen in the rings in Rhuidean.
This led to the chiefs siding with Rand, who ultimately told the truth. Outraged, Couladin once again moved the Shaido, this time towards Jangai Pass, on his way out of the Three-Fold Land into Cairhien. Along the way he and the renegade Shaido captured "wetlanders" and made them gai'shain, a move that did not sit well with the other clan chiefs.
When Couladin finally made it to Cairhien, he and the 160,000 Aiel spears he commanded lay siege to the city. A chance encounter between Mat's army and Couladin's band of Shaido led to a deadly fight between the two that saw Couladin dead at Mat's feet.
- ↑ The Shadow Rising, Chapter 23
- ↑ The Shadow Rising, Chapter 34
- ↑ The Shadow Rising, Chapter 57
- ↑ Mat has led three skirmishes with the Shaido and still has three thousand men with him. He leads Pips as he scouts around. Estean and Nalesean arrive and report that another band of Aiel is approaching and that Couladin himself is with them. The men are developing a deep respect for Mat's battle skill and luck. Mat again feels the dice rolling in his head as they return to the battle.
- ↑ The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 44
- ↑ The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 45