Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Healing is the name for the art of healing physical and/or mental injuries through the use of the One Power. It is considered a Talent and it is not related to the Strength in the Power, for instance very strong channellers as Rand, Elayne and Egwene are unable to use this weaves proficiently, instead very weak channellers as some Kinswomen as Asra can be very good healers.
Healing is typically performed by, and is the speciality of, the Yellow Ajah. The traditional method of Healing using Water, Air, and Spirit eliminates all physical ailments, using the patient's energy reserves for the healing. Small wounds and scars will instantly vanish, while larger wounds will close and heal as if they had healed naturally, but do so in mere seconds.
There are drawbacks to this method of Healing, known to all those who practice it. Lost appendages cannot be replaced, and truly grievous wounds will leave a visible scar. The Healing draws energy from the body of the subject, therefore the shock to the weakened system may also kill the patient if they were near death to begin with. It is also not possible to Heal a specific area of the body; Healing must be done to the entire body at once, but it is possible to vary the overall strength of the Healing.
Once a patient has been Healed in this manner, their energy reserves must be replenished. For more serious injuries, this can lead to the patient being ravenously hungry and unable to stand under their own power for several days.
A new method of Healing, discovered by Nynaeve al'Meara and independently by Damer Flinn, uses a much more complex weave utilizing all five elements. This method of Healing is thought to be a rediscovery of how Healing was done in the Age of Legends because of references made by a number of the Forsaken, alluding to how the use of Healing most popular to current Aes Sedai is the sort of Healing used "in the midst of battle," and is actually quite crude.
Nynaeve and Flinn (again independently) also discovered a weave that can Heal even severing, something not thought possible even in the Age of Legends.
The traditional methods of Healing are accompanied by a chill rippling through the body when healed by a woman or by great warmth when healed by a man, similar to Delving.
Nynaeve has recently discovered a method of healing madness in the male channelers. Rand al'Thor comments that even during the Age of Legends that healing troubles of the mind was rarely accomplished due to the complexity.
People possessing the TalentEdit
- All Yellow Ajah
- Alanna Mosvani, she demonstrated some talent Healing Rand after Dumai's Well Battle
- Anaiya, she demonstrated some talent trying to Heal Verin after a misfortuned adventure in Tel'aran'rhiod
- Antail, he is a good healer among the Asha'man, inventor of a weave that devitalizes the exhausted people
- Asra, despite her weakness she is a very talented healer
- Cadsuane Melaidhrin, she demonstrated some talent Healing Rand and Nynaeve after the Cleansing of saidin
- Chesmal Emry, considered a very good healer, she used her talent also to kill people without leaving a track
- Corele Hovian, she is considered among the best Aes Sedai healers
- Damer Flinn, he is the best healer among the male channellers, rivalling Nynaeve's healing talent
- Elaida do Avriny a'Roihan, she demonstrated some talent Healing Moiriane during her training as Accepted
- Gabrelle, she demonstrated some talent Healing Logain during the Last Battle
- Joline Maza, she demonstrated some talent in Hinderstap
- Masuri Sokawa,she is quite good in the traditional Aes Sedai method of healing, she is also good in the weave that remove weariness
- Merilille Ceandevin
- Moiraine Damodred, she demonstrated her talent many times
- Myrelle Berengari, she is described with a little talent in Healing, but no more than Siuan Sanche
- Nyneave al' Meara, she is one of the most talented healers of the current era
- Pevara Tazanovni, she demonstrated some talent many times
- Samitsu Tamagowa, she was considered the best Aes Sedai healer till the arrive of Nynaeve
- Semirhage, in the Age of Legends she was among the best healers but used hers skills also to inflict pain for her pleasure; she was able even to remove Compulsion from the mind of Elza
- Seonid Traighan, she demonstrated her talent Healing a badly wounded Aiel tortured by Perrin
- Sharina Melloy, she demonstrated a great talent in the new weaves introduced by Nynaeve
- Siuan Sanche, she demonstrated some talent many times
- Suana Dragand, the Yellow Ajah Head is in the first rank in the Talent of Healing. Her abilities were so great that no sister, not even those much stronger than her, could do better, with the possible exception of Samitsu. But this was before the arriving of Nynaeve
- Sumeko Karistovan, she is the best healer among the Kinswomen, rivalling Nynaeve's healing talent
- Teslyn Baradon, she demonstrated her talent Healing a badly wounded Egeanin
- Vandene Namelle, she demonstrated some talent Healing Moiraine in Tifan's Well
- Verin Mathwin, she demonstrated some talent many times