She is tall and plump and of a dark complexion. She has a round face that is normally mild and pleasant, but could be serious or even stern. Her voice is normally sweet.
Strength and AbilitiesEdit
This is confirmed by the Wheel of Time Companion, where her strength level is given as 16(4).
When she was first raised Aes Sedai, Rafela attempted to revive many customs that had fallen into abeyance.
She is one of the Blue Ajah sisters who present the shawl to Moiraine and Siuan when they first become Aes Sedai, the other being Leane Sharif. She then escorts Siuan Sanche to the Blue Ajah living quarters. 
She has allied herself with the Salidar Aes Sedai. She is part of the Salidar delegation sent to Caemlyn to meet with Rand al'Thor. She is very pleased that Rand has made Aes Sedai more acceptable in Tear.
Rand was initially displeased with the two Aes Sedai over the final points of the Bargain, though was made to see that they actually did a good job under difficult circumstances.
After being sent by Rand to negiotiate with the rebel High Lords of Tear, she comes to an agreement with Estanda. The terms are that the rebels will disperse in return for Darlin Sisnera being made king.
Rafela is present in the Stone of Tear when Alanna disappears .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Crown of Swords, Chapter 34
- ↑ New Spring, Chapter 11
- ↑ Lord of Chaos, Prologue
- ↑ Lord of Chaos, Chapter 41
- ↑ Lord of Chaos, Chapter 43
- ↑ Lord of Chaos, Chapter 49
- ↑ Lord of Chaos, Chapter 55
- ↑ The Path of Daggers, Chapter 27
- ↑ Winter's Heart, Chapter 25
- ↑ Winter's Heart, Chapter 32
- ↑ Knife of Dreams, Chapter 21
- ↑ Towers of Midnight, Chapter 12
- ↑ A Memory of Light, Chapter 30