Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are some possible references to the real world in the Wheel of Time books, leading some people to believe that Robert Jordan intended for Randland to be in the past, future, or both of the current world.
- "Elsbet, queen of all" - Queen Elizabeth
- "Anla, the Wise Counselor - Ann Landers
- "Materese the Healer" - Mother Teresa
- "Tell us about Lenn," Egwene called. "How he flew to the moon in the belly of an eagle made of fire. Tell about his daughter Salya walking among the stars." - John Glenn, The Eagle, Sally Ride or Salyut
In The Great Hunt, Chapter 47, The Grave Is No Bar to My Cell.
(Speaking of heroes risen from the grave to answer the horn of Valere's Call) "But he heard a hundred different names when he looked at each face, some so different he did not recognize them as names at all, though he knew they were. Michael instead of Mikel. Patrick instead of Paedrig. Oscar instead of Otarin." -The names used for heroes in the novel could be their adaptations for the names we use in our time.
- "A silvery thing in another cabinet, like a three-pointed star inside a circle, was made of no substance she knew; it was softer than metal, scratched and gouged, yet even older than any of the ancient bones. From ten paces she could sense pride and vanity." - Mercedes-Benz logo
- "She took a closer look at the huge skull. [...] Not four eye sockets after all. Two seemed to be for tusks of some kind instead, on either side of where its nose had been. Some sort of monstrous boar perhaps, though it looked like no pig skull she had ever seen." - Elephant skull
- "...and opposite it on the other side were the bones of some slender four-footed beast with a neck so long the skull was half as high as the ceiling" - Giraffe skeleton
- "Did Mosk and Merk really fight with spears of fire, and were they even giants?" - Moscow, America, ICBMs
- "Ghoetam under The Tree of Life" - Gautama Buddha
In Towers of Midnight
- Chapter 51, A Testing
- "The enclave of the Incastar- those afraid of progress, afraid of wonder. Turns out they had a right to be afraid. How I wish I had listened to Gilgame..." - Epic of Gilgamesh