Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
— Egwene al'Vere
|<<< Friends and Enemies >>>|
|Setting: Fal Dara, Shienar|
- Point of view: Rand al'Thor
- Rand is still trying to get out of the city because he fears what the Amyrlin will do to him. He runs into Masema and Ragan guarding a sally gate. Regan would likely have let him out, but Masema is there and will not deviate from duty. Other gates he checks are also locked and guarded.
He goes to the kitchens, wondering if there is a small door there he can use, and wonders if Moiraine sent for the Amyrlin because of him, and that's why she's in the city. Remembering (incorrectly) that the city was built by ogier, Rand finds Loial to see if there is a hidden way out, but there is none. Mat is playing dice and winning. Perrin is there also. Mat and Perrin do not know Rand can channel, so they don't understand his desire to leave the keep. Rand, wanting to keep Mat and Perrin out of it, gets into a fight with them so they won't want to come with him. Then he is rude to Loial and even makes Loial mad, so now he can leave the city alone.
Rand finds Egwene on her way to see Padan Fain in the jail cells, and she refuses to let him get her mad, so they go to see Fain together. The guards used to be pleasant to Egwene but now Changu is very surly and Nidao is silent. Fain tells Rand that he will be on the Dark One's side when Fain is done with him. Egwene suggests hiding Rand in the women's quarters, to which he reluctantly agrees.
- Siuan as Amyrlin Seat
- Cenn Buie
- Bran al'Vere as Egwene's father
- Marin al'Vere as Egwene's mother
- "An Aes Sedai's gift is bait for a fish"
- "The truth an Aes Sedai tells is never the truth you think it is"
- "A south wind brings a warm guest, a north wind an empty house."
- "A pig painted gold is still a pig."
- "Talk shears no sheep."
- "A fools' words are dust."