It lies near the River Arinelle ten days north of Whitebridge, and it is a solid and spotless metal tower, two hundred feet high without any doors or windows. There is no opening on it; but if one draws the symbol for the game of Snakes and Foxes on the tower with a bronze knife, then a doorway will supposedly appear.
The Tower of Ghenjei is accessible through both the waking world and Tel'aran'rhiod. Once entered, the Tower Of Genjei is extremely hard to leave in the waking world. In Tel'aran'rhiod, it is all but impossible.
Bayle Domon points out the tower to Rand al'Thor and Matrim Cauthon after Rand spots something glinting in the distance while traveling on the Spray down the Arinelle. Captain Domon says that the tower is a marker for river traders.
The Tower is the entrance to the world where Moiraine Damodred is being held. As according to her letter to Thom Merrilin, she is rescued by him, Mat, and Noal Charin. Noal is the only one of the rescuers not to escape alive, although Mat loses one of his eyes in order to save Moiraine.
Inside the TowerEdit
There are a few people known to have been inside the Tower of Ghenjei:
- Slayer - fled into the Tower in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- Moiraine Damodred - held captive.
- Lanfear who went into the world of the Eelfinn and the Aelfinn at the same time as Moiraine.
- Thom Merrilin, Matrim Cauthon, and Noal Charin - came to rescue Moiraine.
- Birgitte Silverbow - entered in a previous life as Jethari together with Gaidal Cain. They never came out alive.
- An unidentified man. Presumably Moridin coming for Lanfear (or her body).